"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
We know that this is an unpopular topic with some in the congregation and an important commitment to others in the congregation. So we ask for grace to be modeled by us all as we walk through decisions in these difficult times.
With the issuing of the Face Covering Mandate from the Elkhart County Health Department
- With the fact that in accordance with our mission we are an indoor area open to the public
- With the fact that we will continue to keep the 6 ft. social distancing guidelines, the use of hand sanitizers and washing of hands [Do not forget that washing hands is one of most effective deterrents], and the intentional and regular cleaning of surfaces.
- And that we are Livestreaming our service and desire to be above reproach in areas that are of a non-Biblical nature.
Nappanee First Brethren Church will urge our people to also observe the wearing of facemasks during our Re-gathering for worship. Exceptions are those as allowed in the Elkhart County Health Department order.
- We will also exempt those on the platform during the leading of worship to assist in clarity of the message, but ask them to put on facemasks as they move among the congregation.
- If an individual chooses to not wear a facemask, we will follow the guide of the Elkhart County Health Department and not intimidate or harass those individuals. We will in Christian love walk with each other and treat each other as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Nursery & Jr. Worship – will continue with those volunteers staffing them encouraged to wear facemasks, with special care in the nursery to keep from frightening the children.
Additionally, with the reality that Elkhart County will not be moving to stage 5 of the Governor’s “Back on Track Indiana” plan July 3, in fact with our county being explicitly stated in remaining in Stage 4 in Governor’s order on July 1…
- NFBC will not gather Discipleship Classes at the Discipleship hour until at least August 2 (watching to see if/when Elkhart County is given the approval for moving to stage 5).
- NFBC will not have Bread and Cup communion on July 12.
We completely trust the Lord. He is in control and not taken by surprise in all of this. Our hope and prayer in that our church can demonstrate the love of Christ in a powerful way, by going OUT in commUnity. Seize the opportunities to reach out and show love to people who are struggling during this time!
PLEASE USE THIS FORM BELOW TO LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP OR ARE ABLE TO HELP